- Nordic Equinox XV will be postponed and will take place next year on 12. 13. 14. 15. of August 2021.
- All sold tickets will be annulled
- Payments for the tickets will be refunded or can be converted to a prepayment for 2021 event
The government of The Republic of Estonia issued with its 16.05.2020 declaration, the rules that will remain in place after the lock-down:
We will not translate relevant out-takes here but go straight into the interpretation in our context:
Theoretically we could organize the event, provided there are no more than 300 participants and all camps plus organizational team that live/sleep/eat together are not larger than 20 people. The 2+2 rule must be followed as much as possible, organizers must provide disinfectants in all camps, HQ and manala. Foreign participants (including Fins) must arrive at least 14 days prior to the event.
Although we could formally follow those regulations, such a "placeholder" is not what we had in mind for the 15th anniversary of Nordic Equinox.
We are also well aware that a multi-day adventure and battle larp, though it takes place outside, is a risk for further infection. Options for hygiene are limited and players interact with one another closely. So even though the risks are small, we do not want to organize an event where some players or members of the organizing team should feel uneasy.
And lastly we must, even now, consider the possibility that when the restrictions will be even more relaxed from the 1st of July, another wave of the pandemic might hit. That would surely mean reimposed restrictions by the beginning of August and to cancel then would be far more costly and disruptive for everyone.
Because of this, and after careful consideration, we have decided that Nordic Equinox will not take place in 2020 and the next event will be held in 2021.
What about sold tickets?
All 2020 tickets will be annulled!
Those who do not wish and/or need a refund but would rather like to participate on the 2021 game instead - first of all, thank you for your trust and support!
Unfortunately we can not simply convert 2020 tickets to 2021 ones. Although we have no clear intention of doing so, we would like to retain the possibility of changing ticket pricing, we do not know what next year brings and the amount of sold tickets is considerable. What we can offer is:
1. All tickets that are not refunded will converted to reservations for the next year, in their respective price category. (There will be respectively fewer tickets sold next year, according to reservations.)
2. The purchase price will be kept as a prepayment for that reservation. If the ticket price remains the same you will automatically get your tickets sent to you. If the price should rise, you have the option of paying extra or receiving the tickets you prepayment covers and releasing the reservation on others.